Course Re-opening Update
(As at 29 Mar 21)
The UK Government updated their stance on the National Lockdown on 22 February to include the ‘roadmap to return’. This roadmap out of lockdown included the re-opening of golf courses from no earlier than 29 March 2021.
The committee recently met using video conferencing technology and amongst other things agreed that:
- The golf course has re-opened on 29th March and is operating under the latest England Golf ‘Play Safe, Stay Safe’ protocols for playing the game safely, which means keeping a safe 2m distance apart from playing partners at all times.
- We are not producing a hard copy Fixtures booklet this year – details of competitions are being communicated using electronic communication channels, including Club V1, the website and the Clubhouse noticeboard as and when it reopens.
- Tee times have been generated up until the end of April and we ask that Members continue to be considerate when booking prime tee time reservations.
- Guidance is available here for all members, new and old, providing clear and concise instructions on how to go about registering for a Howdidido account and booking a tee time using the Club V1 system
- Visitors need to use our email booking system as outlined on our Visitors Page
- Guidance on best practice and etiquette (do’s and don’ts) will be provided to all members, new and old, to ensure all golfers enjoy their round
- Guidance on how to record handicap qualifying scores for casual (supplementary) rounds is available here,
- ‘Bag tags’ will be able to be collected from the club house from 17 May 21 which is the date the government has agreed that Club Houses may open
The current roadmap out of lockdown for golf courses can be downloaded here.