We at St Bees Golf Club want everyone to have a safe, fun experience in golf. That’s why we are committed to securing SafeGolf accreditation with England Golf.
Children and Young People Safeguarding Policy
St Bees Golf Club aims to:
- Provide a safe environment for children and young people participating in golfing activities and to ensure that they enjoy the experience.
- Ensure robust systems are in place to manage any concerns or allegations.
- Support adults (staff, volunteers, PGA Professionals, coaches, members and visitors) to understand their roles and responsibilities with regard to their duty of care and protection of children.
- Provide appropriate level training, support and resources for staff, volunteers & coaches to make informed and confident responses to specific safeguarding issues and fulfill their role effectively.
- Ensure that children and their parents/carers are informed and consulted and, where appropriate, fully involved in decisions that affect them.
- Reassure parents and carers that all children and young people will receive the best care possible whilst participating in club activities and communicate Policy and Procedure to them through all available communication channels including our website.
Our current Children and Young People Safeguarding Policy is available to download and hard copies are available in the Clubhouse, we encourage all of our staff, members, guests, visitors and members of the public and anyone else that visits the Golf Club to familiarize yourselves with its content.
Safeguarding Adults Policy
St Bees Golf Club is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment for all our staff, members, guests, visitors and members of the public and anyone else that visits the Golf Club
Safeguarding duties apply to any adult who:
Has needs for care and support (whether or not the local authority is meeting any of those needs) and;
- Is experiencing, or is at risk of, abuse or neglect; and;
- As a result of those care and support needs is unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of, abuse or neglect.
Our current Safeguarding Adults Policy is available to download and hard copies are available in the Clubhouse, we encourage all of our staff, members, guests, visitors and members of the public and anyone else that visits the Golf Club to familiarize yourselves with its content.
Golf should be fun!
You should feel safe and enjoy your golf
Is something worrying you?
Do you need someone to talk to?
Contact your club welfare officer
Club Welfare Officer – June Hardisty
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can speak to someone at:
ChildLine:0800 1111 | NSPCC:0808 800 5000 | England Golf:01526 351851